Quartz countertops are a popular choice among homeowners due to their durability, beauty, and low-maintenance. They are made from ground quartz combined with resins and pigments to create a solid surface that is resistant to scratches, stains, and heat. However, like any other surface, quartz countertops require proper care to keep them looking their best. In this article, we will provide you with some useful tips to maintain your countertops and keep them sparkling.
Quartz Care 101: Tips to Maintain Your Countertops!
- Clean up spills immediately: Quartz is non-porous, which means it does not absorb liquids. This makes it resistant to stains, but it does not mean that you should leave spills unattended. Any acidic substance like vinegar, lemon juice or tomato sauce can dull the surface if left too long. Therefore, it’s important to wipe up spills immediately to prevent any damage to your countertop.
- Use a mild cleaner: You can use a mild detergent or soap to clean your quartz countertops. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface. Also, don’t use any cleaners that contain bleach or ammonia, as they can damage the resin used to bind the quartz. For best results, use a soft cloth or sponge to apply the cleaner and rinse well with water.
- Protect your countertops: To prevent scratches or chips, use cutting boards for food preparation, and don’t place hot pots or pans directly on the countertop. Also, avoid standing or sitting on the countertop, as it can weaken the structure and cause cracking. Finally, use trivets or hot pads under hot dishes to avoid any damage to your surface.
Keep your surfaces sparkling with these easy care hacks!
- Polish your countertops: You can use a quartz countertop polish to enhance the shine of your surface. These polishes contain a special formula that helps to remove any water marks or stains and leaves it looking sparkling clean. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use a soft cloth or buffer to apply the polish.
- Use a squeegee: To keep your quartz countertops streak-free, use a squeegee to remove any excess water after cleaning. This will prevent water spots from forming and keep your surface looking clean and shiny.
- Avoid direct sunlight: Although quartz is heat-resistant, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can cause discoloration or fading. Therefore, it’s best to avoid placing your countertop in direct sunlight or use curtains or blinds to filter the light.
By following these simple tips and tricks, you can keep your quartz countertops looking as good as new for years to come. Remember to clean up spills immediately, use a mild cleaner, protect your countertops, polish them regularly, use a squeegee, and avoid direct sunlight. With a little care and attention, your quartz surfaces will remain sparkling and beautiful for many years to come.
Leave A Comment